Time & Location
About the Event
Explore watercolor and water-soluble materials to create layers in mixed media art projects. How can you push the boundaries of watercolor? Discover new combinations of color and texture to achieve unique affect in your art. A total of 5 techniques will be utilized through these 2 sessions in a very abstract approach. Participants will use these techniques to create a final art project in Session 2.
Session 1 (held July 7; RECORDING NOW AVAILABLE): Color flow, saturation, inky layers, alterations with stamping and stenciling, scribbling and spattering. Make art by combining unique and surprising techniques with mixed media flair.
Session 2 (July 14): sketching quickly with a brush, monochromatic color studies, and creating resists. Participants will do an overview of all techniques and curate favorites into a final collage piece.
• Watercolor, Mixed Media or Bristol Paper (I like 9"x12" cold press 140 lb. Watercolor paper by Canson or Strathmore)
• Watercolor paint set
• Water-soluble pencils, pastels or crayons (I'll be using Inktense Pencils by Derwent and Neocolors)
• Acrylic ink (or Gouache that can be watered down)
• Stamping/stenciling materials: round jar lids, sponges, rubber stamps, plastic grids or shelf paper, etc.
• White crayon or liquid watercolor masking fluid (to create resists)
• Canvas or wood panel for final project (whatever size feels comfortable)
• Matte medium or decoupage medium (or glue stick)
• Water for rinsing brushes
• Paper towel or rag for blotting brushes
- Liquidity (2wks)$40$400$0