Mixed Media Recipes: Watercolor & Stencils
Time & Location
About the Event
Mixed media art provides an opportunity to create with many different techniques. This series uses unique combinations or "recipes" to make a final project. This session uses stenciling, masking, gouache (or watercolor) and water-soluble marks. Work on canvas, whatever size you choose. If you don't have all of the art supplies listed, you may substitute items you might have at hand. (Alternatives are listed below).
• Substrate of Choice: Canvas is recommended for this project (stretched canvas, canvas panel or canvas paper). However, heavyweight paper is a great substitute.
• Gouache (or watercolor, if using heavyweight paper)
• Water-soluble crayons, pastels and/or pencils (Neocolors, Scribble Sticks, Inktense Pencils or Gelatos)
• Tape (painter's tape works best, but masking tape will work with canvas)
• Water for rinsing brush
• Paper towel or rag for blotting brush
- Mixed Media Recipes, Session 2$28$280$0