Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to paint textural landscapes using mixed media techniques. We'll be working in a series to capture expressive landscapes that are postcard-size, on heavyweight paper. They can be matted and framed at completion. Grab your favorite vacation photos or use resource photos from a magazine or the internet (travel magazines are a great source for this). Get ready to loosen up and have fun!
• Four 5"x7" pieces Watercolor, Mixed Media or Bristol Paper (you can also use one large sheet and cut into 4 sections)
• Palette Knife or Plastic Card
• Watercolor Paint (your favorite set) or Gouache
• Watercolor paintbrush
• Water-soluble crayons, pastels and/or pencils (Neocolors, Scribble Sticks, Inktense or similar) *Note: regular pastels can be used, but they won't blend with a brush like the water-soluble options
• White acrylic paint (or substitute with Gesso)
• Water for rinsing brushes
• Paper towel or rag for blotting brushes
• Reference photos: vacation photos, magazine clippings, internet downloads from travel sites -- you pick!
- Postcard Landscapes$24$240$0